Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Where are you along the introversion and extroversion continuum?

This month I have done more extroverting that I normally do so needless to say, I am exhausted. Yesterday I was invited to be a guest speaker in a local Chamber of Commerce networking group.

Let me pose the same question to you as I did to them: knowing that we ALL do introverting and extroverting all day long, can you identify some of your favorite activities of either type?

Not surprising to me, however to the group it was, once they got going, light bulbs began to come on!

Yes; many people like reading - on the introvert side of the continuum. On this side are also activities like contemplating, planning, preparing, meditating, gardening, having lunch alone, listening to relaxing music at a low volume, and listening.

I believe that listening is more toward the middle of this "doing" continuum.

And then the extroverting actions are more like hosting a party, lunching with friends, happy hour events, networking events, speaking or in public, going to a party.

Most people, once they understand the continuum, can identify their preferences of "doing" and then have more understanding of what gives them energy.

What other activities do YOU like doing and which side of the continuum would you list in on?

No comments: