Saturday, October 06, 2007

Intoverts Can't Lead? NO WAY!

INTJ is my Myers Briggs assessment for at least 20 years. Really. In that time I have: lead a sales organization of about 30 salespeople as sales manager; as president lead a women's business owner association with 150 members; as VP of Membership for another women's organization took the lead to get a directory online and I could literally bore you with these leadership roles.

I was reading Introverts versus Extroverts in which the author implies that only extroverts lead. Oh, there is one sentence eluding to that there are introverts who lead, "Some will lead in a realm that will be readily recognized, others will lead in their own quiet way."

I know I wasn't quiet in any sense of the word. Gee. I can remember one of my outside salespeople gifting me with contractor boots and note about "Kick Butt."

I think there are some cases that this is true that an introvert WOULD lead in an unassuming way. But to say that extroverts are going to be recognized as leaders and introverts will lead but not necessarily be known by doing - it's just not true.

What do you think?

Sign up to receive a FREE Report, FREE ezine and FREE Teleclasses from Pat Weber - America’s #1 Coach for Introverts, Shy and Reluctant People Who Sell at http://www.prostrategies.com.

Uncover your personality and #1 selling strategy with quick assessment tools at http://www.prostrategies.com/free/Type_Assess.

No comments: