Thursday, January 03, 2008

Sales reluctance turns into sales disappointments

I mentioned a survey in the Here's to Ringing in a Great 2008 post! The survey is giving me excellent information to continue to learn what sales reluctance problems my customers want to shake off. I work with independent professionals and sales people and small business owners who sell.

It's NOT surprising that 36% of those who responded said, "I am queasy about thinking about being at one."

Come on! I'm an INTJ who sells and attends these events. Most of the time I make it through about an hour of balancing food, drink (mine's usually water) and a semi-conscious conversation from another party.

There's a most surprising let-down around networking. A sales disappointment that I don't often experience.

It's a sales problem that must be addressed because as much as I dislike them - networking events work for me! I get leads, connections and sometimes clients.

The finding that I will be posting some bull-eyes tips for: "I attend them [networking events] but I don't meet the right people." That was mentioned 50% of the 12 "other" problems with networking.

Wow.

Let your sales hat soak that in.

Then come back once I've noodled it around a bit.

Patricia Weber
Sales Reluctance Coach with Specialty of Introverts and Shy

PS: I've posted my very first online video. No; not ready for PrimeTime or You Tube. We will get to finally meet though if we have not already. So take the survey now that is going to open even your selling eyes... Click Here to Take Survey.

No comments: