Friday, May 04, 2007

Additional Introvert’s Communiqué in the Workplace

Here are another six thoughts on perceptions of introverts in the workplace:

I don’t always socialize during networking or other social events.
TRUTH I prefer in-depth conversation and find little value in chitchat.

When I start dragging at social events people call me a party pooper.
TRUTH I need time alone to reenergize and recharge.

I come across intense.
TRUTH I’m probably using my strong ability to focus and concentrate.

It seems like I’m a loner or territorial.
TRUTH Time and space to myself is energizing.

You think I don’t like people.
TRUTH I am self-reflective, even around others.

I can be uncomfortable with change.
TRUTH I prefer a thoughtful, creative approach to changes.

There are certainly more than these and the first six posted. What's important to me it seems is that we work toward clearning up this misperceptions.

No comments: