Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Top salespeople don't think recession

It's official by my husband's doctor - he can start driving again this Saturday! Now that I'm losing my job as chauffer, I'm back to planning my work. After all, my schedule will once again be my own. And that got me to thinking about this part of current events:

Are we headed for a recession in 2008 or not? Larry Summers, the former US Treasury secretary said our economy is… “currently in recession.” Tammy Erickson, Harvard Business has stated, “Now we may be headed into a recession. If so, it will be the second in more than fifteen years.” Then the other side, Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson, recently downplayed talk of a recession. Dr. Charlie Hall, Texas A&M University, College of Agriculture & Life Sciences, asks and answers, “So, why not a recession in 2008? Because the economy remains fundamentally strong.”

Just talk on its own of a possible recession affects all business. Sales organizations will either miss or grab opportunities for increased revenues regardless of the economy.

Starting March 20, Thursday, I'm planning a series of podcasts to address how top salespeople behave during all this kind of talk, real or not. The Top 7 Top Producers Secrets During a Down Economy: What to Do and Not to Do During Recession Talk. First in summary; then in detail. In my 30 years of selling, the key thing that ever affected my sales to slide --- listening to other about how bad things are during a recession.

Wake up! This is not a top salesperson's mindset.

At blogtalkradio, I'll even be interviewing my husband , successful entrepreneur and now Executive VP back in corporate after selling his business of 30 years, about his take on selling in a recession. Real or not.

Patricia Weber
The Sales Accelerator Coach for Introverts, Shy and the MOST Reluctant
What is the area of sales of your greatest sales reluctance?
Take this sales survey.

No comments: