Sunday, September 07, 2008

Getting Back in the Flow: Anything to do with Introvert or Extrovert?

It's been about a week now since I took my mom back home. After her open heart surgery at 80, I wanted to be there to help her and my two single parent sisters. So even after a week of being home and getting back to work, why can't I focus on important business tasks?

Does this have anything to do with introversion or extroversion?

My sense is it, since we process stress differently, that an introvert may go to extreme "I" behaviors during difficult times. Since our brains are hardwired to process through a long path of neuron connections, that seems to make sense.

It also may be a gender specific coping with stress. There's actual physical evidence that there is 1 of 3 hormones released during a stressful situation affecting women longer term.

What do you think? I'm interested!


Patricia Weber
The Sales Accelerator Coach for Introverts, Shy and the MOST Reluctant
What is the area of sales of your greatest sales reluctance?
Take this sales survey.

No comments: